The Great Gatsby is set to be a big influence on weddings over the next year, and it’s no wonder. The film’s lavish 1920s style is a beautiful look, and one that is perfect for vintage wedding styles.
- Crisp white linens. There’s something so luxurious about great linens at a wedding. They can really transform a room, and are a key part of a glamorous vintage style.
- Silver. Hand in hand with white linens are silver tableware. Silver serving pieces give a big part of the Gatsby style. Art deco styles keep with the period, but vintage or new silver pieces will give a touch of real luxury.
- White glove service. Another part of the perfect Great Gatsby style wedding is the luxury of white glove service. This is a step up from standard table service and adds a real wow factor for your guests.
- Crystal. Whether it’s crystal candle holders, scatter crystals, or beautiful glasses, a bit of crystal will give your wedding décor an added touch of class. It can also make things look beautiful by candlelight.
- Special cocktails. Having a signature drink has been a great wedding trend for the past few years, and it’s a trend that fits perfectly in the Great Gatsby theme, too.
If you’re looking for the perfect Great Gatsby touches for your Bay Area wedding, get in touch. We can offer everything you need to make your wedding full of 1920s glamour!
Posted in Bay area wedding caterering, Catering ideas and tips
Tagged 1920s wedding, Crystal, Diamond Cut Catering, Gatsby, glamorous weddings, Great Gatsby, Great Gatsby wedding, Linen, Livermore catering, Pleasanton catering, Silver, white glove service
If you’re looking for something really special for your wedding day, adding melon carving can be a great touch.
As experts in melon carving, we can make a piece that is custom designed for your wedding. These can include designs that match your theme, or that features your name or wedding date.
These are something a bit more unusual than the usual floral centerpieces, too. They’re certain to be something your guests are wowed by and talk about for ages.
When you work with Diamond Cut Catering, you’ll get full-service attention, and top quality attention to detail. This means that on your wedding day, our main focus is the same as yours — making your day perfect.
To find out more about melon carvings and how they can be added to your wedding decor, get in touch with us today! We offer a variety of decor options and are sure to have something that’s exactly what you want!
With spring comes spring weddings, and there are plenty of great trends for this season’s wedding food.
- Bite-size foods are still a popular choice, and this season’s weddings will see an expansion of the trend. From shots of soup to sliders, single bite servings of foods have been big for the past year. This season, it is becoming a bigger part of menus, with full meals being served this way.
- Fresh foods are always popular in spring, as we move away from the heavy comfort foods of winter. Salads are big for spring, but don’t think this is just a load of lettuce. This season’s salads are bursting with fruits and vegetables, along with grains like quinoa and barley.
- Spring menus are also great for adding in hints of summer. This can be accomplished through some spicy dishes, or even touches like pink lemonade.
- Bright Colors are livening up your venue bringing in that gorgeous Caribbean cool fresh look, some would even say birds are in full flight. Peacock themes seem to be the new trend spreading their wings to many wedding celebrations as the stigma of only one color is out the window and a thing of the past.
To find out how to incorporate these trends into your Bay Area wedding or event, give us a call today!
When it comes to ordering food for your Bay area wedding, make sure you not only choose the right menu but the right caterer as well.
Why is that important? Because wedding caterers differ when it comes to style, poise and preparation. Plus, more than likely, you’ll spend more money on wedding food than on any other aspect of your wedding…so make sure it’s worth the money.
To help, we’ve prepared a list of important questions to ask a wedding caterer before hiring them:
- Have you catered events at my venue before?
- Do you have my date available?
- How many butlers, servers, cooks will be working my wedding?
- What will the servers and butlers wear?
- What is the ratio of server to guests?
- Do you set up and tear down the dining areas?
- What types of linens, glassware, plates and flatware do you provide?
- Will I need any permits for my event? If so, will you handle obtaining them?
- Can I prepare my own menu or must I choose from a preset one?
- Do you cater to special dietary needs like gluten free? dairy free? vegan?
- Are there child meals available?
- What’s the difference in cost between passed appetizers and appetizer stations? What’s the price difference between a buffet and a sit-down meal?
- Do you offer package upgrades such as chocolate fountains, ice sculptures, cappuccino machines or specialty displays?
- How much do you charge?
- If my event runs longer than contracted, what are your overtime fees?
- When can I taste and see samples of your work?
There are other things you’ll need to know before hiring a Bay area wedding caterer…and we can help with that. Please give us a call and let’s chat about your upcoming event.