Why is that important? Because wedding caterers differ when it comes to style, poise and preparation. Plus, more than likely, you’ll spend more money on wedding food than on any other aspect of your wedding…so make sure it’s worth the money.
To help, we’ve prepared a list of important questions to ask a wedding caterer before hiring them:
- Have you catered events at my venue before?
- Do you have my date available?
- How many butlers, servers, cooks will be working my wedding?
- What will the servers and butlers wear?
- What is the ratio of to guests?
- Do you set up and tear down the dining areas?
- What types of linens, glassware, plates and flatware do you provide?
- Will I need any permits for my event? If so, will you handle obtaining them?
- Can I prepare my own menu or must I choose from a preset one?
- Do you cater to special dietary needs like gluten free? dairy free? vegan?
- Are there child meals available?
- What’s the difference in cost between passed appetizers and appetizer stations? What’s the price difference between a buffet and a sit-down meal?
- Do you offer package upgrades such as chocolate fountains, , cappuccino machines or specialty displays?
- How much do you charge?
- If my event runs longer than contracted, what are your overtime fees?
- When can I taste and see samples of your work?
There are other things you’ll need to know before hiring a Bay area wedding caterer…and we can help with that. Please give us a call and let’s chat about your upcoming event.